Saturday, August 30, 2008

Permatang Pauh, Petrol Prices, Return to UMNO: Dr M Interview Reveals...

Here is our translation of what was mentioned in Dr. M's (www.chedet.com) Blog. It has become quite apparent that the current government under the Badawi regime has performed censorship of not only Malaysia Today (in a feeble and unintelligent attempt), but on any opposing views to their agenda.

Dr. M, has also been subjected to this. Not only has the Police intervened and discouraged people from inviting Mahathir to give talks and speeches. This is the way of an authoritarian regime. None of us would have ever imagined that Badawi was capable of this in his years as Minister of Foreign Affairs and as DPM.

Without further ado... as extracted and translated from Dr. M's website, for the english speaking world to understand:

2. During the news interview, I had explained that the interview will serve no purpose as the journalists will not be allowed to report my responses as they are, and they will be twisted to appear that I am supporting Dato Seri Abdullah Badawi and his government.

3. As expected, the report was written differently from what I had said

4. When asked about the reduction of petrol prices, my response was that this had a connection with Permatang Pauh. We should have more by-elections so that the petrol prices can be further reduced

5. What was reported was that I said the reduction of petrol prices will benefit the people. That's All.

6. I was also asked about what my plans were after Permatang Pauh. Will I return to UMNO?

7. I reminded them that I left UMNO with condition. I will reapply to return to UMNO if Dato Seri Abdullah is no longer President, that is if I am permitted to return.

8. Once I return, I will return to the field and work hard to re-attract all the pockets of UMNO supporters and Barisan Nasional that have supported the opposition in the 12th General Election

9. I also explained that this work will take time. However, if the leadership change is only in June 2010, there will be not enough time to rebuild the party before the 13th General Election

10. NONE of this was even reported in the slightest, in any newspaper or television. Is this the sort of freedom of media as promised by Dato Seri Abdullah?

Original Report

Some interesting quotes from Dr M in the same post:

"But to break a promise and to openly show that you can meddle with the security of the internet is to expose a degree of oppressive arrogance worthy of a totalitarian state"

I had once before written to a Government Minister that Malaysia has become a police state because the Government instructed the police to call up people who invited me to give talks and coerce them into withdrawing their invitation. The police is not supposed to do that. When the Government makes use of the police for extralegal work then the Government is guilty of abuse of power.

The Minister simply replied that I had retired and it was better for me to literally shut up.

I know that things have been engineered to ensure Khairy Jamaluddin will win as UMNO Youth leader and Dato Seri Abdullah Badawi as President. Democracy in UMNO is dead. And when democracy dies in UMNO, the party itself will die

I would like to say this to the Prime Minister and his minions. You may have the power now. But as in five States, you may lose power some day. And this will certainly happen because of your obsession to block all contrary opinion from being heard. It will blind you to the reality of the situation so that you will continue to do wrong things and the people will reject you totally

No comments: